Legal Assistance to the Elderly (LAE) is seeking an enthusiastic, friendly self-starter to join our team. The Grant and Communication Coordinator’s primary responsibilities include grant reporting, oversight of data reporting, and support for a communication and development teams. We are a small administrative team and this position is expected to be flexible and willing to pitch in as needed. LAE is a friendly and collaborative work environment.
Working remotely due to COVID-19 is acceptable at this time, but our office also provides for socially distant office space. After COVID-19 restrictions are lifted, this position is expected to work in our Civic Center office.
- Maintain LAE’s portfolio of grants and contracts, including state and local cost reimbursable grants, as well as foundation and corporate grants
- Monitor and assure grant and contract compliance, including working with Salesforce Database, program staff, and collaborative partners to monitor project deliverables, develop and submit timely narrative reports and grant deliverables to funders, and when required, upload data to external databases
- Work with Executive Director and Development contractors to develop new proposals, identify new funding prospects and to prepare and submit applications for new and renewal funding and maintain a calendar of deadlines and submissions
- Input and evaluate development and donor data into Salesforce Database
- Coordinate and implement communications strategy to increase the impact of LAE’s programs, fundraising, and to broaden audience base.
- Work with Executive Director and Communications contractors to draft a variety of communications - online and print - for media, community outreach, fundraising and other purposes.
- Develop and deepen media engagement through press outreach and relationship-building to elevate LAE’s visibility.
- Update LAE’s website content (WordPress Platform)
- Work with the leadership team to develop a cohesive digital and social media strategy
- Represent LAE at local community events
- Passion for LAE’s mission and goals and a demonstrated commitment to social justice
- Strong personal work ethic and ability to organize time, manage diverse activities, and meet critical deadlines with minimal supervision
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written)
- Patient, flexible and team player
- Strong interpersonal and analytical skills
UNION MEMBERSHIP: After successful completion of a probationary period (120 days), membership in the National Organization of Legal Services Workers becomes a condition of employment.
COMPENSATION: Union Salary Scale based on experience, Health, Dental, and Vision Benefits
E-MAIL RESUME AND COVER LETTER TO: firstname.lastname@example.org
Attention Hiring Committee
Subject line: Grant and Communications Coordinator Application